Inspire Redesign Part II



I believe everyone needs to redesign their space every so often. Redecorating can be therapeutic--allowing your creativity to completely transform a living space, an office, or a bedroom. You don't need to spend a lot of money to add a splash of color to an ordinary wall or decorate the walls with picture frames or inspirational sayings.

Trust me, if you haven't redesigned your living space in a while, why don't you give it a try? Invest in at least one new item and it might work wonders for your space.

But, in case you don't believe me, let me show you what I recently did to redecorate my house. It was time for a change. I have fallen in love with country rustic decor, and I know I'm not alone. It's a popular trend right now, but the new decor items work well together, in my opinion.

Here's what I recently did to add a fresh look to my house:

Living Room 

The living room in my house is designed to work well with country rustic decor. For example, the fireplace invites the rustic picture frames. While decorating, I focused on implementing my love for "the good old days," and you can see this with the wooden toolbox, the "home" wood carvings, and the "In This House" family rules decorative sign.

My newly decorated fireplace (photo/Kasy Long).
My "country rustic" cabinet (photo/Kasy Long).
The candles, jars with rocks, decorative pillows, and picture frames complete the look. Every decor item simply complements the already perfect fireplace.

Next, my new cabinet is the definition of "country rustic." The sliding barn door, for example, was the selling point for me. If you love country rustic decor, I strongly recommend buying an item that includes a sliding barn door. Finally, the canisters and "home" pillow finish the look.

I'm not exactly a "country girl," but you probably notice I own a lot of country rustic decorative furniture. I don't live in the country, but I don't live in the city. I'm from the "happy medium." I have a taste of both lifestyles, and I think that's where my love for country rustic stems from.

These items belong in my home, and I'm so glad they're here with me.

Office 

My work desk in my new office (photo/Kasy Long).
It was important for me to have a home office in my house--a place where I can close the door, turn on music, and allow the creative juices to freely flow. I can write in this space without being interrupted by others.

I knew I wanted to make my office unique and special. After all, it's a space designed just for me, so I should be happy with it. While my desk hasn't been painted since last year (which I wrote about in this blog post), I added new decorative wall hangings above the desk. I needed some inspiration, so I knew I wanted to select pieces I would love to look at every day.

"There is always something to be grateful for."

"Never lose sight of your dreams."

And, most importantly, "Inspire someone today."

My inspirational wall decor (photo/Kasy Long).

You should know by now that inspiration is important to me. After all, I title every Wednesday post in my blog with the word "inspire." I love being inspired, and I love knowing that my writing can help inspire others. I wanted it to be a part of my office, and I'm so happy it's there...waiting for me to feel inspired.

Finally, my office is also home to my bookcase and typewriter. I always wanted to own a beautiful bookcase, and this one is definitely one of the prettiest I have ever seen. I also display my beloved Remington typewriter on a "book" trunk. This office should feel like it belongs to a writer...because it definitely belongs to me.

My bookcase and typewriter in my office (photo/Kasy Long).

Bedroom 

I have always owned wallpaper, but this year was going to be different. I painted my bedroom walls light green, or "herbal mist" if you want to get technical. I love it! The new splash of color transformed my bedroom. The green compliments my peach bedspread.

My newly decorated bedroom (photo/Kasy Long).
In addition, I invested in a variety of new wall decor--adding more inspirational sayings so I always have a great start to the day.

"Start each day with a grateful heart."

"Follow your dreams."

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

And I can...and I will. I will reach for my dreams, and I'm glad my bedroom offers the right advice I need every day.

---

Our styles and preferences change as we grow older, and I have noticed that in recent years. This is why we need to redesign our living spaces every now and then to create a brand new atmosphere. It might be a small change--a new table lamp, a new floor rug, or a new picture frame. Or, you might be bold and decide to repaint your entire house. Whatever you want to do, do it with your heart!

My house doesn't just look different now; it feels different. It has transformed into a space that I know is mine. I know these decorative items are important to me and compliment my personality. I encourage you to embark on this same journey. Add some new color to your life. Change things up. You might be surprised by how redesigning your home makes you feel better.

Good luck!

-KJL-


Comments

  1. Glad to know that you're inspired by the things that are around you. The house looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts