Inspire Redesign


In June, I made the decision to reboot this blog and redesign with a theme toward inspiration (explained in this blog post). I changed the layout, look, and feel of my blog, and I think in the past four months since I made the decision to break away from the "casual" blogger I was before to the professional blogger I am now, my blog has only improved and increased its readership numbers.

The painting process (photo/Kasy Long).
But most recently, I decided to embark on another far larger design project--my bedroom. I spent a day painting my furniture a vibrant new shade of color, light peach. I wanted my furniture to match and blend nicely with my light green carpet and window shades, my peach bedspread, and the white walls.

This was my first time painting an entire set of furniture. It wasn't bad until I began the second coat of paint. I grew tired of it, but I persevered. The trunk actually needed four coats of paint to cover up inspirational quotes I wrote on it during high school. That was a challenge.

But before I knew it, I finished my painting and I was ready to move my furniture back into my bedroom. I must admit, it looks better than I thought. You take risks when you decide to redesign a space because you have an idea in your mind, but you're not sure how it's going to look until you actually put the design together.

Luckily, my idea worked for my bedroom. The peach furniture compliments my bedspread, the carpet and the window shades. The room looks light, and, if you can believe it, larger because the color brightens up the space. I added new photographs to the walls, rearranged the little knick knacks on the dresser, reorganized my bookcase, and added a vintage-inspired sign to the wall above my window to finally be completely settled into my bedroom.

A collection of my redesign project, made from PicMonkey (photo/Kasy Long).

Our styles and preferences change as we grow older. This is why we need to redesign our living spaces every now and then to create a new atmosphere. My bedroom doesn't just look different now; it feels different. It's transformed into a space complimenting my passions (writing, literature, I Love Lucy and more). I'm happy with the look, therefore I encourage you to redesign your living spaces. Add some new color to your life! You never know if it will look nice unless you try it.

Inspire redesign.

-KJL-

Comments

Popular Posts