Inspire Celebration: One Year as a Professional Blogger



In January, I reflected on my two-year anniversary of being a blogger. Since 2016, my blog has evolved in ways I could not expect, but that's not what I'm celebrating today.

No, instead I'm celebrating my one year anniversary of being a professional blogger.

In June 2017, I attended a blogging workshop led by a fellow freelance writer in my town, Leah Singer (who blogs over at Leah's Thoughts). The workshop focused on how you can (and should) use social media as a valuable marketing tool for your blog.

Before this workshop, I was a casual blogger. I wrote posts every now and then--whenever I felt like it or had something to share on this "diary." I didn't care about how many people read the posts; they were more for me. 

But after the workshop, I learned how to effectively use social media to share my blog posts with others. In addition, I established a regular posting pattern: publishing new posts every Wednesday. Since then I have also added a Weekend Writing feature that has increased my readership.

I wrote a blog post last June describing how my blog was going to change. I changed the design, writing style, and more, and I'm very happy with the results.

I'm committed to creating new content every week--working on new ideas that I hope my readers enjoy. I now reach over 100 readers with each post, and I never imagined that would happen last spring. The blogger I was before June 2017 is nowhere close to the blogger I am today.

But most importantly, today marks a year since I create a theme for the blog: inspiration. Every Wednesday, I focus on an idea involving ways to inspire others. We can inspire others with words of wisdom, new reading recommendations, cooking recipes, design tips, and more. There are numerous ways to inspire others, and I hope my blog plays a small role in inspiring you to live your life to the fullest.

While my blog has grown and changed this past year, I'm not done evolving. My blog will continue growing--changing as I learn more about being a professional blogger. If there is one thing I hope you learn from me is that you never stop growing and changing. You never stop learning about new techniques; you never stop being inspired.

Thank you, dear readers, for continuing to support my blog. Let's see what this next year will bring.

Inspire...Always inspire.

-KJL-


Comments

Popular Posts