Weekend Writing: Literary Valentine's Day Cards



It is officially February, which means Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I hope people still send valentines to their significant other, friends, and family. Whenever I think of Valentine's Day, I'm always reminded of the days in elementary school, when you would bring valentines for every student in your class. They were cute little valentines with candy hearts or a sucker. It felt nice to look inside your bag and see all the valentines.

As adults, we can still send valentines. It's special to send cards to family and friends. There's nothing quite like opening your mailbox and seeing a card inside. You know that your family and friends care about you. So, it's always nice to return the favor and send them a card.

For the purpose of this blog post, I designed 10 Valentine's Day cards you can give to your significant other on the "day of love and romance." You can even give some of these to family and friends, too. Of course, these cards feature famous romantic lines of literature. Some of the best writings throughout history are about love and romance. They make you swoon with how eloquent they describe romance.

Make your special someone swoon with these cards.

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Jane Austen, "Pride and Prejudice"



"I look at you and I would rather look at you than all the portraits in the world." - Frank O'Hara, "Having a Coke with You." 



"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." - Margaret Mitchell, "Gone with the Wind" 




"I've never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life." - Ian McEwan, "Atonement"




"To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life." - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"




"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - A.A. Milne, "Winnie the Pooh"




"We loved with a love that was more than love." - Edgar Allan Poe, "Annabel Lee"




"Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte, "Wuthering Heights" 




"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How Do I Love Thee?" 



"You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known--and even that is an understatement." - F. Scott Fitzgerald 




---

Obviously, there are many more beautiful romantic lines from literature that I could feature, but I can only include a few select pieces in this post. Romance is so deeply rooted in literature. Writing, by nature, makes readers feel deeper, love harder, and dream more passionately. Give these cards to your special someone this season, and they'll be reminded just how beautiful love can really be.

-KJL-



Comments

Popular Posts