Inspire Reaching for the Stars



Stargazing is one of my favorite activities. If it's a clear night, you can see the stars perfectly in the country. They emerge and fill up the nighttime sky. Sometimes, I tilt my head back, amazed at the spectacle above me, and I try to look for constellations. There are so many stars in the sky--more than I could ever count. 

During these special moments, I am surrounded by peace. The air is quiet. Most people are indoors. The only sounds I hear are crickets and the distant, far-off owl. Everything is perfect. The stars are above you, glimmering against the black canvas [the nighttime sky]. It doesn't get any better than that. 

(photo/Vox)

Considering the stars, there's a popular quote I'm choosing to reflect on this week: "Reach for the stars." From a very early age, we have been told to dream big. Hope for the best. Reach for the stars and believe in your dreams. 

If you have a dream, work towards achieving your goals. Don't think, "I'll never accomplish that. I'm not talented enough. I'm not smart enough. I don't have the resources for it. I'm not special enough." 

I know it's difficult at times to have self-confidence. I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes struggle with self-confidence. I'll ask myself, "Am I really talented enough to one day publish a novel?" Then, I have to remind myself that the answer is yes. 

Yes, I am talented enough. Yes, I am brave enough. Yes, I am strong enough. Yes, I am smart enough. And yes, I am special enough. We have dreams for a reason--to chase them. They're in our hearts because it's what we want to accomplish in life. Some people dream of attending college and obtaining a good career. Some dream of getting married and having children. Some dream of becoming famous. Some dream about teaching and making a difference. 

(photo/Pinterest)

Whatever you dream about, chase it. Reach for the stars. Referencing my favorite scripture verse from Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." You can accomplish your goals. You can make your dreams come true--because God gives you the strength to believe in them. 

Hold on to the specific dreams you have and stay focused on them. Reach out and envision yourself touching your dreams as though they have miraculously become a reality. Imagine that your dreams are above you in the nighttime sky, twinkling along with the stars. Reach for them. You'll never really fail as long as you're trying your very best.

Reach for the stars. 

-KJL-




Comments

Popular Posts