Inspire Redesign Part III: Spring Decorating



I believe everyone needs to redesign their living space every so often. Redecorating can be therapeutic--allowing your creativity to completely transform a living space, an office, a kitchen, or a bedroom. You don't need to spend a lot of money to add a splash of color to an ordinary wall or decorate the walls with new picture frames or inspirational quotes.

Trust me, if you haven't redesigned your living space in a while, why not give it a try? Invest in at least one new item and it might work wonders for your home.

But, in case you don't believe me, let me show you what I recently did to redecorate my house this spring season. I added flowers, pastel colors, and more. It was time for a change. It might be time for you to change at least one portion of your home, as well.

Here's what I recently did to add a fresh look to my house:

Living Room

The living room in my house is designed to work well with country rustic decor. So, I recently added barn doors to the fireplace mantle. Your eyes are drawn to the barn doors, which is exactly what I wanted. The jars with rocks, rustic picture frame, "home" wooden sign and floor mat, and wooden crate add to the overall rustic charm.

(photo/Kasy Long)

In addition, I added pastel-colored flowers to the fireplace. These flowers add a pop of color in the simplest way. Does this not symbolize spring? These flowers belong in my home this season, and I'm so glad they're here.

(photo/Kasy Long)

I also added a new decorative sign, "It's good to be Home," and updated the permanent "Home" display near the front door. The "O" features daisies, which is perfect for spring. It doesn't take much effort to redecorate your home. All you have to do is add a few new decorative pieces and it can completely transform a room.

(photo/Kasy Long)

(photo/Kasy Long)

Kitchen

This was a fun project. I transformed an ordinary wooden cabinet into a decorative piece to my kitchen. I painted it sky blue and gray and added new doorknobs. As you can see with the before-and-after look, the cabinet looks completely different. In fact, it doesn't even look like it's the same cabinet as before. That's when you know it's a good home decor project.

(photo/Kasy Long)

Bedroom

I added more country rustic items in a bedroom in my house. I turned an ordinary ladder into a bookshelf. I painted it light green and it's simply gorgeous. In addition, I painted an old window shutter, attached a wooden ledge at the bottom, and it's now a beautiful display piece for flowers or whatever I wish to showcase in the room. Finally, I converted wooden crates (painted blue, gray and white) into bookcases. It doesn't take much effort to add country rustic decor pieces to a bedroom, or any room in your house.

(photo/Kasy Long)

(photo/Kasy Long)

(photo/Kasy Long)

I also decided to display old calendar pages from Karen Kingsbury's calendar collections. I framed my favorite pictures (ones that contain my favorite quotes from her books) and hung them on the wall. Aren't they pretty?

(photo/Kasy Long)

Front Door

Finally, this is my favorite new decorative piece to my house. I turned a wagon wheel into a welcome sign for the house. I added pink flowers, a pink watering can, and a welcome sign. Displayed on our front porch, this should be the most inviting way to welcome any guests this spring and summer season. Welcome, y'all!

(photo/Kasy Long)

---

We need to redesign our living spaces every now and then to create a brand new atmosphere. It might be a small change--a new inspirational sign, a new floor rug, a new picture frame, and more. You might decide to repaint the entire house or transform something "old" into something "new." Whatever you want to do, make sure you do it with your heart!

My house doesn't just look different now; it feels different. It has transformed into a warm and inviting place that I know is mine. I know these decorative items are important to me and they're exactly how I want to celebrate spring and summer. I love bright colors, so I'm always excited to add some new color to my life.

You can do the same thing. Change things up. You might be surprised by how redesigning your home makes you feel better. Embrace the spring season and invite it into your home, in whichever way that works best for you.

Good luck!

-KJL-


Comments

Popular Posts