Inspire Appreciation for Spring 2019



It's the first day of spring and as I write this blog, rain pours from the clouds. It's not pleasant, but I keep telling myself, "At least it's not snow." It's supposed to rain in the springtime. April showers bring May flowers, right? Yes, I know it's still March, but you know what I mean.

In the Midwest, Mother Nature can't make up her mind about the weather, especially during this time of the year. We had a rough winter. We had more snow days than in recent years and the temperatures have fluctuated every day. Recently, every week has unusual patterns: one day has temperatures in the 60s with sunny skies, and the next day has temperatures in the 40s with cloudy skies. Spring is never consistent.

But it will come. Spring will come and it will stay; it just might be a while until it feels like spring outdoors. Spring is a time of new beginnings. The ground is coming back to life after the long winter months, and I think we need spring now more than ever. We need flowers to bloom. We need birds to chirp in the morning. We need to enjoy the great outdoors after being "cooped up" indoors all winter season.

(photo/gleb-tarro.com)

This spring, I'll be redecorating my house with bright, spring colors. I'll also plant flowers outdoors. What will you be doing? Will you enjoy this new season? We have a beautiful world around us. Let's learn to appreciate it. Be joyful that spring is returning--finally. It's about time.

This post officially kicks off my series of "spring-related" blog posts. Stay tuned for new books to read, spring recipes, music, and lifestyle posts about spring decorating and more. It'll be a fun time!

Until then...

-KJL-


Comments

Popular Posts