Inspire Change, 2019 Style



It's the beginning of another year--a clean slate for what's about to come. Every year, I write a new blog post about what to expect for the year. What will change? What adventures am I about to embark upon with my loved ones? How will I grow, learn, and evolve? If 2019 is anything like its predecessor, it's going to be an amazing year. 
(photo/YourTango)


For one thing, I'm going to continue to grow as an individual. Personal growth is important to me, and it doesn't always pertain to my professional work. Yes, I am a working professional in my field, but I'm also determined to grow in my many relationships--with my family, my friends, special people in my life, and above all, my relationship with God. I'm in my 20s, so this is often considered the "best decade of my life," and I fully intend to make every day of this year count. 

Because I certainly have learned in recent experiences that every day matters and life is too precious to waste standing by the sidelines. 

I have never been a fan of setting new year's resolutions, but this year is different. I have a goal--a small goal, but still a goal--to put my cell phone away when I'm writing, reading, or spending time with friends and family. I won't take the phone out at all, essentially "unplugging" from social media for a few hours to live "in the moment." We get caught up on social media, checking our Instagram posts or Facebook newsfeed. Our grandparents didn't have social media and in my opinion, they lived happy, free lives--and they still knew the latest gossip in the community. 

(photo/Pinterest)
I anticipate many more adventures and travels this upcoming year. My family has already scheduled a trip to Nashville for the summer (because why wouldn't we want to go to the Grand Ole Opry?), and we might be adding another vacation to our plans. But I also hope to finally attend a writing conference later this year. 

As always, I encourage you to search for your own adventures. Be bold and courageous. Be open to the possibilities. Last year, I didn't expect to meet two of my favorite authors, but that's exactly what happened. I didn't know those opportunities would develop, but that's one of the beautiful adventures of life: you never know what's going to happen, but you have to be willing to be a part of the ride. 

And I enjoy this ride. I enjoy this joyful ride of life. I have strapped on the seatbelt and I'm ready to go. This new year is going to be a crazy ride of one adventure after another. Things might change when I least expect, but sometimes change is a requirement to grow as a person. Learn to accept change as it comes. 

I hope the new year brings beautiful changes and adventures to you, my dear readers. Continue to feel inspired, inspire others, be confident, and work to grow into the person you want to become in 2019. This year can be a great one, if we allow it. 

Inspire change...

-KJL-


Comments

Popular Posts