Inspire Sisterhood



This blog post may read differently and that's okay. This is a letter to my older sister on her birthday, which just so happens to be today, February 7. Not only is she my sister, but she's also my best friend. Therefore, this post is dedicated to you, my dear sister. Happy birthday! 

---

Dear Lara, 


It's your birthday and I hope you have had the best day because you deserve it. You're my best friend. There are so many people out there who don't get along with their siblings, and I always think, "How sad is that?" We never fought when we were children, probably because our parents were smart and decided to space out five years between us. 

My best childhood memories were with you by my side. You helped our mom by feeding me my bottle. If I could have talked back then, I certainly would have thanked you! You were always there for me, no matter what. I only hope I have returned the favor to you. 

We matched our clothes a lot when we were younger, probably because our mom loved it. Ah, the 1990s! I'm glad our fashion sense has improved since those days. 

My sister and I matched clothes a lot as children. I made this photo collage
with PicMonkey (photo/PicMonkey).
I know I probably copied you at that age, but that was only because you were so kind, caring and intelligent. I wanted to grow up and be like you, and that hasn't changed. There's no one quite like you! 

I made this photo collage with PicMonkey (photo/PicMonkey).
Thank you for being the best sister and friend a girl could ask for. Thank you for always playing with me, either with Barbies, Fashion Polly, Barney, swimming, and more. It's very comforting to know that no matter what happens in my life, at least I will always have you. 

Happy birthday to you, my best friend. I love you so much. 

With love,

KJL 

I made this photo collage with PicMonkey (photo/PicMonkey).


Comments

Popular Posts