Inspire Celebration



Back in January 2016 (January 12, 2016, to be exact), I created KJL's Diary as a class assignment for a Social Media Principles course I took during college. My first post was a simple welcome letter, introducing readers to the many possibilities for my blog.



Back then, my blog was very...basic. I was writing three posts per week: the first being a personal post, the second on news in social media/blogging, and the third on information in the course's three textbooks. I included photos because even back then, I knew photos helped attract readers to the posts.



I'm glad I have more freedom now, two years later, to write what I want to write for my blog. After all, it's my blog. I didn't necessarily care for the posts about the textbooks or social media news. It was more fun to write about what I loved--my passions, my own life updates, etc. That's why I kept my blog after the class ended that spring. I wanted readers to know about me, the person behind the blog.

Let's flash forward to June 2017. I must admit that I neglected my blog during my senior year of college. Let's just say I was busy surviving college and I had other things on my mind (like, making sure I graduated). So, when I graduated in May 2017, I decided to return to this blog. I changed the design (deciding it was time to give up the ordinary orange theme), vision and attitude of the blog. There is a drastic difference in the way my blog looks now than the way it looked in January 2016.



I decided I was going to be more serious about the blog. I was going to select a theme (inspiration) and plan out blog ideas. I was going to have a designated blog day (Wednesday). I was going to make sure I was consistent, and I have been successful ever since.



I took a social media class for bloggers with fellow blogger and freelance writer Leah R. Singer (who writes over at Leah's Thoughts). She taught me how to effectively use social media to gain more readers. Ever since I took that class, my number of views per blog post has increased drastically and continues to grow each month. So, thank you, Leah! Be sure to check out her blog.

I continued to write weekly posts, focusing on my theme and lifestyle topics. In October 2017, however, I made the decision to create a second feature on my blog, focusing entirely on writing and reading topics. This feature would eventually become known as my Weekend Writing posts. I'm a writer and avid reader, therefore I wanted my blog to include these topics. I'm glad readers are enjoying these posts as much as I enjoy writing them.


Finally, I want to thank you, my dear readers, for helping my blog grow the past two years. In fact, my blog reaches over 100 readers per post, and I never thought that would be possible when I first began back in January 2016. I'm celebrating my two year anniversary, and I hope to have many more years with this blog.

Like the name suggests, this is my diary. This is a place for me to reflect on my life, but also to share inspirational ideas and thoughts with all of you. I hope you feel inspired after reading my posts. I hope you feel creative, bold, courageous and adventurous.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...With all of my heart.

-KJL-

(photo/The Gingerbread Gem).

Comments

Popular Posts