Inspire a Holly Jolly Season



Burl Ives sang it best: "Have a holly jolly Christmas. It's the best time of the year. I don't know if there'll be snow but have a cup of cheer."

It's already the holiday season. It seems like it wasn't that long ago when it was Christmas last year. But, now we're ready for another holiday season! Personally, I love the holidays. I love decorating my house with festive decorations (which I will write about in next week's post).

(photo/Reader's Digest)
I value traditions, especially during the holiday season. Every year, my sister and I bake homemade
sugar cookies, cut them into holiday-themed shapes, and decorate them with green and red frosting with sprinkles. We also decorate gingerbread houses--a direct homage to our childhoods.

Some of these traditions could be considered "childish" and perhaps we're too "grown up" to participate in these activities, but I wouldn't want it any other way. These traditions help us get into the holiday spirit. You're never too old to celebrate the holidays with your loved ones, and everyone has their favorite traditions.

These are our traditions. This is how we celebrate the holidays--with fun and decor. My blog in December is going to be devoted to the 2017 holiday season, and I hope you join me as I celebrate the season with all of you.

To stay updated and see my holiday celebrations, follow me on Instagram at @kasyj1950.

Happy holidays!

-KJL-
(photo/Belinda Salvidge)

Comments

Popular Posts