Inspire Giving Thanks


Earlier this month, I wrote about inspiring remembrance for Veteran's Day. I hope you learned to share your gratitude and thanks for the United States veterans. Now, I'm expanding on this idea to inspire you to give thanks tomorrow on Thanksgiving. 

When you're with your family, eating delicious food and watching football games, think about the blessings in your life. Think about how fortunate you are and share your thanks with your loved ones. 

I spent the day baking. I was in charge of the pumpkin pie, dressing, and dinner rolls. I am so excited to share my food with my family. We're incredibly lucky to have these foods, to be fortunate enough to have plenty of food to eat, and to share the day with our loved ones. 

I baked pumpkin pie and dinner rolls. My sister baked caramel apple pie. This photo was made from PicMonkey (photo/Kasy Long). 

My grandfather passed away two years ago on Thanksgiving. The holiday reminds me how blessed I was to spend the holidays with him, but I always wish I could have had just one more Thanksgiving celebration with him at the head of the dinner table. 

Spend the day with your families. Let them know how thankful you are about the blessings in your life and how thankful you are for your family and friends. They might need to hear it. 

Happy Thanksgiving from me to you. I am thankful for all of YOU, my dear readers, for following my blog, reading my weekly posts, and helping my blog grow and reach more readers. 

Now go out and inspire giving thanks. 

-KJL- 






Comments

Popular Posts