Inspire Appreciation for Fall 2017


Friday is the first day of Fall. It's rather unusual for the temperatures to still be in the upper 80s and low 90s, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not complaining about the summer weather lingering around for a while longer in Terre Haute, Indiana. It's more enjoyable to participate in the typical outdoor activities when the weather is warmer, the sun is shining, and you don't have to bundle up in heavy coats and scarves.

(photo/pinterest.com)
Don't get me wrong...I love the autumn season. I love baking pumpkin bread (but I might be the only person out there who isn't crazy about those pumpkin spice lattes). I love bonfires, watching the leaves change colors, going on hayrides, carving pumpkins, jumping in a pile of leaves after you raked them, and sipping hot chocolate.

These activities are some of my favorite Fall memories. I remember attending bonfires at my friend's house for her birthday during high school, in which we made s'mores, had a hayride, and played football next to the corn fields. I miss those times.

Fall is here and I'm ready for it. I wish everyone would appreciate this season. That's why I'm encouraging you to love the approaching season. Take photographs of the changing leaves, the bonfires, the covered bridges, and of your family as you enjoy this season.

If you live in the Terre Haute, Indiana area, I recommend visiting Pumpkin Works, the Covered Bridge Festival, and more fun activities this season to begin making your own memories.

A covered bridge in Parke County (photo/coveredbridges.com)
Enjoy this new season!

-KJL-









Comments

  1. I join you in not liking Pumpkin Spice lattes - you are not alone! Thanks for the lovely pix. My son has just begun Freshman year in W. Lafayette, IN and I am so worried that he won't adjust well to the fall and winter temps. He is native Floridian. I love the ide that like when I was younger, there will be fall festivals and hayrides and thing s to do that he will remember for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts, Helene! I hope your son adjusts well at Purdue (a great school, by the way!). If he wants some advice on college life from a recent grad, please visit a blog post I wrote last month: https://kjlsdiary.blogspot.com/2017/08/inspire-advice-for-college-freshman.html. He'll do just fine!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts