The Big Debate: El Campo or Taco Hut?

Cheese quesadilla from Taco Hut. (photo/Kasy Long)
I have been staying in Jamestown, NY for a little over a month now, and I have begun to make serious comparisons between this town to my hometown of Terre Haute, IN and Ada, Ohio [where my university is located]. Downtown Jamestown is very similar to downtown Terre Haute, with the blocks of small shops and businesses. People smoke on the streets and it's not very recommended to walk around late at night. Very Terre Haute-ish. 
Taco Hut in Jamestown, NY. (photo/yelp.com)

Tonight, I went to a local restaurant, Taco Hut, with two fellow interns for some bonding time. The restaurant is an authentic Mexican cuisine restaurant, with Mexican themed decorations mixed with some "I Love Lucy" decorations [of course, because it's Jamestown], delicious food and a unique atmosphere. 

As I was eating my meal, I began to make comparisons between Taco Hut and the authentic Mexican restaurant in Ada, El Campo. I absolutely love El Campo. Whenever I have the opportunity to go to the restaurant, I jump at the chance. The quesadillas are filling, even though they're technically appetizers. The queso dip is so wonderful! However, one of my favorite qualities about El Campo is that it is owned by a local Mexican family, and the customer service is always so great. 

El Campo's chips with queso dip.
(photo/Kasy Long)
So here's the big debate: El Campo or Taco Hut? In my heart, El Campo will always be the winner. However, I used to say no other Mexican restaurant could ever compare to the wonderful delicious flavor of El Campo. I guess Taco Hut has proved me wrong, but my heart will always love El Campo. El Campo represents Ada, and Ada will always have a very special place in my heart. 

Thanks for the good food, Taco Hut. 

-KJL-

Comments

Popular Posts