Soaking It All In

At work in the museum's Tropicana Room. (photo/Kasy Long)
When I accepted the job offer to work for the Lucy-Desi Museum & Center for Comedy in January, I spent the spring semester anticipating the adventure in Jamestown, NY. Though now that I'm actually here and working every day at the museum, it is so much better than I could have even imagined. It's easy to get caught up in the workload, but every so often, I take a moment to soak it all in. I pause and think about where I am and what I'm doing. 

I'm in Jamestown, NY. I'm in the hometown of my favorite celebrity, Lucille Ball. I'm exploring the same sidewalks she walked. I stepped inside the same train station she went into on her way to NYC to begin her acting career. I visited the beautiful Lake Chautauqua, where Lucille Ball loved to spend time with her friends. 

Lake Chautauqua. (photo/Kasy Long)
While I am working, I have to take some time to realize where I am working and living for the summer. Jamestown is so beautiful and comfortable. Everywhere I go, I feel like Lucille Ball is right there with me. 

It's time to go explore.

-KJL-

Comments

  1. Glad you're having so much fun. You're walking in the footsteps of a comedy legend. Enjoy every step.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts