Tropicana Orientation

The Tropicana Room. (photo/Kasy Long)
Butterflies rested in my stomach as I drove to the orientation meeting for the internship program. I was feeling anxious excited, mostly because I wanted to make a good first impression with the fellow interns and the staff at the Lucy-Desi Museum & Center for Comedy. The meeting was held in the wonderful Tropicana Room at the museum, a room designed to be a replica of the Tropicana Club on "I Love Lucy." When I visited the museum two years ago, I could not see the the Tropicana Room because it is only open for special events.

Now I finally saw it and I'm in love with it!

I had nothing to worry about during the meeting because the first meeting went smoothly and was very successful. I learned about the internship, met the other interns and became familiarized with downtown Jamestown. It was really interesting to learn more about what I will be doing this summer, and from the looks of it, I will be doing a lot of work! I want to work as much as possible because this is my final internship before I graduate next year. The experience needs to be valuable for my growth as a professional writer.

I am so glad I am able to participate in this wonderful organization. I look forward to working more and sharing the experience with you.

-KJL-

Comments

  1. I'm sure your mom is SO envious of you and your experiences. Some day she will be able to sit in the Tropicana Room. You're getting to work there every day. Soak in all of the experiences. You will be richer for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts