I'm a Published Poet

"The RavensPerch" (photo/theravensperch.com)
I logged into my email account on Thursday and I saw a new email from the editors at “The RavensPerch” online literary journal. The five poems they accepted for publication are now live on their website, waiting for readers. 


My published poem. (photo/Kasy Long)

I immediately went to the website and when I saw my name featured on the journal’s home page, my jaw dropped. Not only am I a published poet, but the editors are promoting my work on the home page of their website. At the top of the page, it reads, “Trending: ‘Directions for Finding Home’ by Kasy Long.” 

I’m a trending topic!

It’s unbelievable to see my name next to a published poem. My hard work is finally beginning to pay off with my poems being recognized by beautiful literary journals. My creative writing portfolio is growing, my resume is including more acceptances and my own document of my literary magazine submissions is changing from rejections to acceptances. 

My literary magazine submissions log. (photo/Kasy Long)
I’m a published poet. I’m not trying to brag, but I think this is something worth noting and sharing. Some writers spend their entire lives trying to have their work published and it never happens for them. I’m still a college student; I have so much more to learn and my writing is going to continue to mature.

Follow the link to view my published poetry. I am so excited to share my pieces with as many readers as I can reach! 

http://www.theravensperch.com/

I’m a published poet.

-KJL-



Comments

  1. Congratulations on being a published poet. It's nice to see all of your hard work pay off. Literature is a challenging profession. It is filled with lots of rejection -- lots. That's why you have every reason to feel proud of your recent publications. I believe this is going to be the start of a rewarding career. I will enjoy reading your poems along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a published poet! You have every reason to feel proud as it is very difficult and a sometimes long process getting published. Your poems are so beautiful! Keep writing and keep submitting your work. I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it's really cool that your poem got published! I'm not sure what the odds were, but with only five poems being selected, I'm sure they weren't favorable. Being chosen for one of these honors is always satisfying and it's a great way other people to get exposed to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it's really cool that your poem got published! I'm not sure what the odds were, but with only five poems being selected, I'm sure they weren't favorable. Being chosen for one of these honors is always satisfying and it's a great way other people to get exposed to your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts