Inspire Appreciation for Summer 2018



In the Midwest and Eastern regions of the United States, Mother Nature is turning up the heat this summer season. For the first time in years, my family didn't find time to put up our above-ground swimming pool. What a mistake that has been! This is the summer we need the pool the most!

(photo/Florida Health Care News)
We're constantly under a heat advisory. It's dangerous to be outside for a long period of time, not to mention slightly unbearable. As the temperature outdoors keeps increasing, we must find ways to stay cool. But most importantly, we must find ways to stay healthy during this heat wave. You can do this by taking breaks from being outdoors. Go inside, drink a glass of water or lemonade, and relax for a half hour before returning to the fun outdoors.

Read a book by the window. You can enjoy the summer sunshine while you're comfortable indoors. Go to a local swimming pool, if you don't own your own pool. Host barbecues in the evening, once the sun begins to set and the temperature cools down a bit.

Do these activities and so much more this summer season. But most importantly, like I said, stay safe. Don't push yourself too hard. Your body can only take so much heat.

(photo/Canning Granny - Blogger)
Even though it's incredibly hot outside, this is still summer--my favorite season of the year. I have always loved summer, ever since my childhood. I remember playing outside until my mom told me it was time for dinner. I would ride my bike, draw my own city on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, play basketball and baseball with my older brother, play on the swingset with my older sister, catch lightning bugs at night, and watch my dad grill pork chops on our back patio while my sister and I swam in the pool.

That was summer. Those were the best days...When the days lasted longer and I could stay up late without caring about the consequences. No school, no worries. Summer was always a season that re-energized my body. I was happier, and nothing has changed since my childhood. I'm still happier this time of the year--because in my own little dictionary, summer means "no worries."
(photo/Quote Amo)

I hope you have an enjoyable 2018 summer season, and that you remember to spend time with your loved ones. Host parties. Go on vacations. Go on mini-adventures to places you have never visited. But most importantly, have fun. Enjoy this season.

After all, some of the best memories happen while you're wearing flip-flops.

P.S. I'm writing this post while celebrating Independence Day, which always seems to be the official "kick-off" for the summer season. Happy Independence Day! Let's remember our freedom and make time to celebrate with the people we love most.

-KJL-


Comments

  1. Summer is definitely a special time of the year. FYI, I don't think I have seen many lightning bugs this year. Wonder why?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts