Inspire Appreciation for the Fathers in Your Life



Sunday is Father's Day; therefore, I am dedicating this post to my father and the incredible men in my life who are fathers: uncles, cousins, friends, and even my grandfathers, who are unfortunately no longer with us.

Father's Day is a time to show our appreciation for everything fathers do for their families. My father is the ultimate definition of everything a father is: strong, hard-working, caring, and someone who is always there for his three children. Whenever we need help, he is always willing to lend his hand. My father raised us to work toward our dreams--to push beyond our limitations and strive for a better life. He worked hard so we could have a bright future, and I thank him so much for that.

(photo/Kasy Long)
Looking back at these photos, I have so many fond memories that weren't captured on camera. I remember being excited when my dad would come home from work. I still giggle whenever he calls me by my special nickname: Kasy Jo Jo. He's the only person who calls me that, and he's the only one who ever will.

Some of my best childhood memories took place during the summer season. I remember swimming in our pool with my sister and watching my dad grill chicken or pork chops on our outside grill. I remember riding my bicycle alongside him as he ran up and down our street, talking as we enjoyed the exercise. I remember traveling with my father on vacations--and I always felt safe as long as my dad was nearby.

My father is everything I strive to be and more. He's a writer, like me, and a darn good one. He works so hard to provide for his family, and we appreciate his work ethic. He's kind, caring, passionate about his interests, and he loves a good story. I'm very proud to be his daughter.

(photo/Kasy Long)
We must appreciate everything our fathers (or fatherly figures) do for us. So, thank you, Dad. Thank you for loving us, protecting us, guiding us, providing for us, and shaping us into the adults we are today. Thank you for the memories and for demonstrating what a true father is like.

And I know you're reading this, Dad. Thank you. We may tease you a bit (because let's be honest: you're a bit of a geek, but so am I, so thanks for giving me that gene), but it's all out of love. Thank you for not just being my father...but for being my special buddy.

With love,

Your daughter

I made this photo collage using PicMonkey (photo/Kasy Long).



Comments

  1. Thanks for getting this year's Father's Day off to a great start. All of our children have made being a parent so much fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts