Inspire Joining Facebook Groups


A few years ago, I joined various I Love Lucy groups on Facebook. You're probably thinking...Why join the groups? Why interact with people you don't know? Well, if you've been following my blog for nearly two years now, you should know that my favorite television show is I Love Lucy and I should have been alive during the 1950s. I documented my summer 2016 internship experience at the Lucy-Desi Museum & Center for Comedy in Jamestown, New York. 

To put it simply, I really love Lucy. 
"L.A. at Last" (photo/pinterest.com)

I have been a fan of the timeless sitcom since I was two years old. At that young age, I went to the local Kmart with my mother, and while I was sitting in the shopping cart, I began shouting, "I kissed Bill Holden! I kissed Bill Holden! I kissed Bill Holden!" 

Of course, I didn't actually kiss the 1950's heartthrob, William Holden. I was quoting a line from "L.A. at Last," an episode of I Love Lucy. I probably watched the episode earlier that day with my mother, and so I began repeating the final line of the episode. 

The rest is history. I grew up watching the show, falling more and more in love with the writing, characters, situations, behind-the-scene facts, and more. Whenever I had to complete a project in school, I always managed to incorporate I Love Lucy into the material. I would write speeches for my high-school speech class about the legacy of the show, write papers about the production facts, etc. 

So, when I discovered the Facebook groups with hundreds of people who also love the show, I immediately wanted to become a member. Through these clubs, I share photographs, like other members' posts, and interact on a daily basis with fellow Lucy fanatics. 

(photo/pinterest.com)
That's one of the amazing things about social media. Without these Facebook groups, I wouldn't be able to interact with these individuals. At the same time, I wouldn't be learning more information about my favorite show--because I learn so much from the other members in the groups. 

In March, I created a YouTube channel, KJ Ricardo, devoted to various discussions on I Love Lucy. I make weekly videos, and I share my videos in the Facebook groups. The amount of support I receive is more than I could have possibly imagined. The words of encouragement motivate me to continue making these videos. 

Most recently, I created a series of fun memes centering on Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas, in which the television channel has holiday movies on 24/7 from October 27 until early January. I Love Lucy is usually on the channel every morning from 5 to 8 a.m. It's a great way to start the day with a few laughs. It's frustrating that Hallmark Channel removed the show, and many others, from its regular schedule to air holiday movies nonstop for two-and-a-half months. 

I decided to have fun with this frustration by making memes about the topic. I shared the memes with the Facebook groups, and everyone loved them! Below are the memes I created: 
















---

Facebook groups are great ways to interact with people who have similar interests as you. There's a group out there for any hobby. So, take a look and join a group! You won't regret it; I promise. 

-KJL- 


Comments

Popular Posts