Inspire Traveling Part I

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (photo/Kasy Long)
I lived in the middle of a rain forest over the weekend. I was surrounded by trees, flowers, small streams and more. But, I wasn't outside. I was indoors in a beautiful resort. I spent my weekend in Nashville, Tennessee with my family at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center. If you have never stayed at this hotel, I highly recommend this place.

Waterfalls inside the resort (photo/Kasy Long).
Once you arrive, you walk into a gorgeous lobby that leads to an even more beautiful garden. Our hotel room had a balcony overlooking this garden space. The hotel even has a small river that flows throughout the garden, and a river boat ride is offered. Of course, we went on the ride. The resort was decorated at this time for its Summer Fest, and the theme this year was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The river boat ride took us on a journey through Lewis Carroll's timeless tale. 

I could have stayed at this resort for a whole week (or even more), but we were only there for two days. We explored the resort, which offers shops, restaurants, swimming pools and more. It really takes you an entire day to just explore the place because with each turn, you find something new and exciting to experience. It's another world at the resort! While I was enjoying the gardens, I had to remind myself that I'm actually indoors, not outside. Each time I thought of that, I was amazed in the beauty the resort offered. 

My sister and I at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville (photo/Kasy Long).
While it was fun to stay at the resort, the highlight of the trip was visiting the Grand Ole Opry for an exciting night of good country music! I have been a fan of country music since high school, but this was only my second time attending a show at the home of country music. 

There's so much history at the Grand Ole Opry. Literally, the circle that performers stand on comes from the Ryman Auditorium where country music legends like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and so many more once stood. The circle is never broken in Nashville. 

The show offered a lively variety of musical guests, including The Whites, Darryl Worley, Jesse McReynolds, Mike Snider, Charlie McCoy, Angaleena Presley, Jeannie Seely, Ray Pillow, Ashley McBryde, the Opry Square Dancers, Jonathan Jackson, and Kathy Mattea. 

Ashley McBryde (photo/Kasy Long)
I have only heard of a few of these performers before Saturday's show, but it didn't matter. I quickly became a fan of Charlie McCoy's award-winning harmonica playing, Mike Snider's humor, and Jeannie Seely's charm. It was an amazing show, and I would expect nothing less from the Grand Ole Opry. After all, there's a reason why grand is in the name. 

I hope I have inspired you to travel to Nashville soon to experience the home of country music. If you're a fan of the genre, I strongly encourage you to make the trip down to the Grand Ole Opry, sit back and enjoy a wonderful show. Stay at the Opryland Resort; it's well worth the money. 

But, if you don't plan to travel to Nashville anytime soon, I encourage you to travel somewhere. Traveling is relaxing. You feel like you don't have any cares in the world. You're happy and content with your family. You experience a new part of the country. But, most importantly, you just have fun. 

Inspire traveling. 

-KJL- 

Comments

Popular Posts