Sunset Walks

Lake Chautauqua (photo/Kasy Long)

One word: Aesthetic. 

Okay, one more word: Breathtaking. 

Nope, one more: Stunning. 

Lake Chautauqua, I love you. You're so beautiful. When I'm surrounded by the water and the sun begins to set, I think about a place I miss dearly...Indiana. We tend to take for granted the beautiful world around us, but when I look at the new place I'm seeing, I think about how much I miss the corn fields and old country roads. I think about the way the sun peaks out of the trees, the way colors blend together and melt into places we cannot see. I think about the place I love, the people I miss and the memories that are tugging on my heart. 

People tend to always want to run away from their homes. Not literally run away in the secrecy of the night, but move away as soon as possible. For some, it's okay to leave home and never look back. But for others, they think about the next phase of their lives before the present times are even finished. 

When I stare at the lake, my worries wash away [no pun intended]. The stress of my internship is lost in the vision before me, and I think about how lucky I am to see this scenery. I'm so lucky to be here, in this place, with these people, and to see the beauty God has created for us to enjoy. I'm so lucky to be here now, and even though I miss my home in Indiana, I wouldn't trade the past two months for anything. 

Lake Chautauqua, you'll always be with me, like a hand print on my heart. I hope to make the next two weeks worthwhile. You've been so good to me, Jamestown. So, so good. I hope I've been good to you in return. 

-KJL-

Comments

Popular Posts