Lucy, I'm Home

The main sign to Jamestown. (photo/Kasy Long)
Downtown Jamestown. (photo/Kasy Long)
Yesterday, I arrived in Jamestown, New York for my summer internship at the Lucy-Desi Museum & Center for Comedy. Driving from Ohio to western New York wasn't exactly fun, but it was much better than it would have been if I left from Indiana.

When my mom [who is spending the summer with me in Jamestown because she is a huge "I Love Lucy" fan, as well] and I arrived at our hotel, we started unloading our luggage and braced the unexpected cold air. Snow flurries greeted us and I couldn't believe it! Though once it stopped snowing, I could actually enjoy Jamestown and take it all in.

Today, we went sightseeing. Jamestown is Lucille Ball's hometown, and you can definitely tell by walking around the town. There are "I Love Lucy" references in many restaurant names, murals and of course, the museum I will working at this summer as an event planning and marketing intern. I honestly feel like I am at home here, and that's how this experience should feel.

Tomorrow, I begin my first day at work. I have my first staff meeting with the other interns and I'll learn more about the internship. I have nerves in my stomach, but I'm excited for the opportunity. I know I am prepared and that I will do a great job. I'm looking forward to spending my summer devoted to promoting the museum and to have my work focus on my favorite gal.

Wish me good luck on my first day of work!

The front entrance to the museum. (photo/Kasy Long)
-KJL-

Comments

Popular Posts