Making "Brownies" for April Fool's Day

(photo/pinterest.com)
It’s a tradition in my family to celebrate April Fool’s Day. Of course, these pranks are for fun and completely harmless. It’s always fun to have a good laugh with family.

Though for this year, I decided to be creative for April Fool’s Day and prank my roommates. I can’t take all of the credit for this idea. Thanks to Pinterest, I found the perfect idea to fool my best friends.

My roommates and I love chocolate. They know I have a brownie mix that I haven’t prepared yet, so I decided to play with this knowledge. 

On Thursday night when they went to bed, I brought out a cooking pan. I printed out large brown letter Es and placed them inside the pan. I covered the pan with aluminum foil and left the pan on the kitchen counter. 
My "brownies." (photo/Kasy Long)

I left a note on the pan, explaining that I made brownies and for them to enjoy them.

My note. (photo/Kasy Long)

Yeah, I totally “made brownies.”

I made Brown-Es.

Well, I definitely fooled my roommates. They said it was evil of me to trick them with fake brownies. Though they laughed and said it was a wonderful idea. 

After my roommates found the prank. (photo/Kasy Long)

Today, I’m making real brownies to make up for the April Fool’s Day trick. I hope they trust me this time!

Did you play any April Fool’s Day pranks on your friends or family? If so, tell me about them in a comment.

-KJL-


Comments

  1. Very funny. You continue a long-standing April Fool's Day tradition in your family -- coming from your mother. Keep that sense of humor. You will keep your friends on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever april fools's joke! I'm glad your roommates enjoyed it. April Fool's Day has always been a tradition in my family, but somehow my family is too clever to fall for my jokes, but I seem to be the one getting fooled! April Fool's Day is a fun day. My dad was the master of April Fool's Day in always fooling me and now other members of my family are carrying on his tradition. He would be so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is both a great April Fool's Day prank and a hilarious play on words! My brothers and I used to pull pranks on each other every year as a tradition. We would pull little obnoxious pranks such as taping the tv remote to the ceiling, spraying each other with water guns - and putting salt in the sugar container. However, ever since I started college I feel as if I have stopped pulling pranks on people. Next year, I will have enough roommates and will pull a prank similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts