How To...Use a Typewriter in the 21st Century

Hello, friends! In my latest assignment for my Social Media Principles class, I created a YouTube video demonstrating how to effectively use a typewriter in the 21st century. I want to explain that typewriters are ancient ideas and tools that people don’t use anymore with the new inventions of technology.

However, I have seen in recent years that writers are actually turning to typewriters as a way to incorporate a vintage and nostalgic feeling in their writing studios. Typewriters are fascinating, fun, yet difficult to master in the early stages.

Enter KJL!

In my video, I demonstrate how to insert a page into the typewriter, explain the parts of the typewriter that you will work with, and provide tips for how to effectively type as you are learning how to use the typewriter.

It’s important to note that mistakes happen. It’s inevitable for you to angrily pull out the page and crumble it into a ball. In my video, I provide tips on how to best eliminate these mistakes.

In addition, I demonstrate what to do when you hear the little typewriter *ding* at the end of the written line. Also, I show my viewers what the inside of a typewriter looks like—a true treat!

Enjoy the video posted below, or follow this link.




-KJL- 

Comments

  1. Welcome to another aspect of social media, video blogging. Remarkably, the typewriter was cutting-edge technology for more than a half century -- in standard or electric forms. Thanks for taking us down memory lane. I remember the standard typewriter well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very enjoyable and informative video about the typewriter. I'm quite sure the younger generation would learn alot from the video. It is surprising that many students today would not begin to know how to insert paper into a typewriter! Very interesting to learn that the typewriter is becoming a fascination with young writers. Enjoyed the video very much. I think I will take my old typewriter out of the box in the closet and display it proudly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts