Streaming Music is the New CD Collections for Modern Social Media

How many of you have digital devices in which you stream music instead of popping a CD in your audio players? Most of us do, and that’s the future of music.

"Apollo 13" soundtrack (photo/amazon.com)
I still buy CDs. In fact, I recently ordered the soundtrack to “Apollo 13.” However, I don’t play them on my CD player. I convert the songs onto my iPod, which I can now take anywhere with my Apple music synched up to my iPhone. It’s very convenient. 

No more carrying around a portable CD player for car trips!

Last week, I was exposed to Adam Young’s new scores album, “Apollo 11.” This album features scores symbolizing the amazing expedition of Apollo 11, the mission in which man walked on the moon in 1969.

Each track is a different process in the mission: The launch, the landing and then the re-entry back into Earth’s surface.

It’s a very dynamic album, and I definitely recommend it if you love instrumentation music.
Adam Young's "Apollo 1" scores. (photo/youtube.com)

Adam Young’s music spread across social media. I discovered the music because of Instagram. People were talking about his music and I was intrigued to listen to the scores. When I finally did, I was just as impressed as everyone else.

Adam Young did not record an album released in music stores. He made his album specifically available for iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify. Young is smart. He knows people listen to music on their mobile devices now. Music lovers stream music online, share it with friends and spread it across social media.

Spotify (photo/pbs.org)
Streaming music is the modern social media craze for musicians. It’s easy, affordable and it’s a fast way for musicians to have their names talked about on social media. Adam Young isn’t the first musician to make the technological shift in music. He anticipated this shift and he knew this would benefit his scores if they were available for downloads, rather than in music stores.


-KJL-

Comments

  1. Apollo 13 is such a great soundtrack. Glad you can listen to it, no matter how -- through new or old technology. Adam Young's version would have made original artist James Horner proud. Any way to bring others to enjoy music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apollo 13 is an amazing soundtrack. It is an outstanding movie also.
    I look forward to listening to Adam Young's soundtrack. Social media in streaming music gives new musicians a great opportunity to share their music with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have yet to hear the Apollo 13 soundtrack! It is amazing to see how music has changed over the years. I still remember listening to CD's on a portable CD player during road trips. I think in the near future all downloaded music will be converted to online paid subscriptions such as Spotify and Apple Music. This reminds me of how Netflix is changing the world of television and how less and less people are buying DVDs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts