Inspire Great Music for Spring 2018



The music I listen to often influences my writing. Sometimes I write in silence; other times I write with music as a source of inspiration. I need music because there is a song for every mood. There is a lyric that tells a story. There is a rhythm and beat that sends chills down your spine.

(photo/Pinterest)
There is a song for everybody...and I'm here to offer you five songs I'm currently listening to on repeat. These songs are my Spring 2018 favorites--the songs I play on repeat over and over and over again until I will eventually grow tired of them. And then I will move on to new songs for Summer 2018, which I will most definitely feature in a future post.

A few of these songs aren't "new." Some of them I have recently rediscovered and I remember every lyric. Isn't that funny? You can go years without listening to a song, and then you hear it once and you know it by heart. That's the power of good music; you never grow tired of it.

Here's what I'm currently listening to, so get ready to listen and be inspired.

1. Imagine Dragons - "Rise Up" 

This post is going to feature two songs by Imagine Dragons. Is that okay? This band has been my favorite rock group since high school, ever since the days of "It's Time" and "Radioactive." In 2017, the group returned with a new album, "Evolve," and their new music is awesome. It's everything I expect from the group, but they raise the bar and infused more pop and rock anthems. Critics weren't too thrilled with the album, but I can't help but feel determined every time I listen to the album.

"Rise Up" isn't any different. It's a song about taking chances--rising up and demanding something needs to change. Don't live in fear; be confident and simply rise up. 




2. Imagine Dragons - "Believer" 

This is probably the group's most famous song from its "Evolve" album. The song has been featured in multiple movie trailers and television shows, including "Timeless," "Riverdale" and more. It was the fifth best-selling song of 2017 in the United States, becoming Imagine Dragons' third top-ten hit since "It's Time" and "Radioactive." 

Try to listen to this song and not feel motivated. Every time I listen to it (which is a lot lately), I immediately am pumped and ready to work. Everything about this song just makes me feel better--like I can achieve anything. I am a believer in myself after listening to this song. 


                                         


3. Blake Shelton - "I Lived It" 

There was a period a few years ago when I wasn't a big fan of Blake Shelton's music. It was different from his roots. Luckily, he seemed to have turned around and his 2017 album, "Tacoma Shore," is reminiscent of his original music. Songs are about living the "country life." As a fan of country music, those are the songs I play on repeat. Those are the songs I love

His current hit from the album, "I Lived It," is exactly what I love about his music. It's a song about living the "country life." It's a reflection of the past--the life that made you exactly who you are. It's okay to go back in time in your memory if you miss the past. And most importantly, no one knows the life you had because it was yours. You lived it, and that's what makes it so special. 

Thank you, Blake Shelton, for returning to your roots and giving us new songs that made me like your music in the first place. 


                                           


4. Kenny Chesney - "Get Along" 

I haven't always been a fan of Kenny Chesney. I don't follow his music, but I am in love with his newest single, "Get Along." It's the perfect message for society right now: Can't we all just get along? 

The song pleads for us to keep life simple by learning to dance, buying a boat, hanging out with friends, and more. By keeping life simple and remembering the true values of life, will that help us get along? Can't we just simply get along and stop fighting? I think that's a lesson we all need to hear. 


                                                


5. Switchfoot - "Dare You to Move" 

I was listening to my '90s and 2000s Top Hits radio station on my Pandora account last week when Switchfoot's "Dare You to Move" began playing. I stopped working and listened to the song--knowing exactly where I had first heard this song: A Walk to Remember. 

I mentioned earlier that there are songs you don't hear for years, but once you hear it you remember it exactly and know where you heard it. This is the song I'm talking about. I hadn't heard this song in years, but I knew the chorus by heart. I knew the exact scene this song is from in A Walk to Remember. This song, released in 2000, was featured in many movies and television shows from the early 2000s--my childhood. 

I have been playing it on repeat ever since. Isn't it amazing that you can sometimes fall back in love with songs? This definitely isn't a new song, but I'm listening to it like it's new to me. I love these small discoveries. For those of you who remember the early 2000s, this song is for you. 


                                            

---

Don't you just love music? It's the universal language, after all. No matter where you are, everyone can bond over a love for a particular song. I love discovering new songs and for now, these five selected pieces (and many, many more) are creating beautiful music in my writing office--keeping a constant beat and inspiring me to write. 

Listen to these songs and don't be afraid to press the repeat button. I certainly am! 

-KJL-


Comments

  1. Glad to see that another creative endeavor, music, inspires your writing. Whatever gets you in the spirit. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts